Saturday, April 7, 2018

Happy 4th Birthday Madelyn!

My youngest grand-niece, Madelyn, turns 4 on Tuesday but she had her birthday party today.  I always make special cards for my four grands for their birthdays, usually featuring one or more photos of them that I liked during the past year.   

I used a fun Stackable Frame die by Sizzix to create Madelyn's card this year.  This is the first time I've used this new die and it went together wonderfully!
Each frame is 3" x 4 3/8" .
I die cut 6 frames and the circle pieces out of Black Little Sizzles Matboard.  I cut the photos and sentiment piece to fit inside the frames and adhered them to the back with tape.  I die cut 3 frames out of the woodgrain patterened papers and adhered them to the fronts.  Then I adhered another frame on the back.  I double layered all the circle pieces and slid them into the slots to hold the frames together and the same with the feet on the bottom.   I added the starred circle at the top, using dies from PTI - Scene It Basic Backer Die and Scene It Celebration Dies. I added the #4 in front  that I die cut out of fun foam.  I die cut the 3 balloons, glued twine to their ends and adhered them with foam dots.

I decided to add 2 more photos of Madelyn from Easter on the back - along with my birthday message.  I added a little drop of glue to the inside of each slot to help hold them together -  they did all fit snugly, just a little extra insurance for this kids card!
These are the full photos of the pictures I used on the front of Madelyn's card.
A sleep over for the 4 cousins at Madelyn's and James' house.
 Hiking in Goffstown, NH
Happy Birthday sweet Madelyn!!

Stamps:  Birthday Girl from; Party Time Set - Stamplorations,  Happy Birthday from: A Beary Good Year - The Cats Pajamas
Paper:  Black Little Sizzles Mat Board - Sizzix, white card - PTI, wood grain patterned paper - Mrs. Sparkle and Co. - Joann, Color Core Coredinations..
Ink:  Hero Arts Black
Accessories:  Stackable Frame Die - Sizzix, Birthday Balloons Die, Scene It: Celebration Dies, Scene It Basic Backer Die, By the Numbers Dies - PTI, Tombow Glue, ScorTape, twine, Label Letters - Idea-ology, black fun foam.

12 comments:

nancy littrell said...

What a treasured keepsake for Madelyn and family. Looks quite sturdy too. You are the best great aunt, my friend. You will have teach the grands your paper crafts:-)

TFS and Hugs...

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a great keepsake!

Redanne said...

Madelyn must be overjoyed to receive crafty cards and gifts from you Julia, this one is a card and gift in itself, it is gorgeous. I love that die, it looks amazing! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a wonderful birthday card, Julia! It's a fun idea to have pictures of the birthday girl on the card!

Annie said...

wow Julia x Madelyn will love this...such an amazing die and you have showcased it beautifully xx

TFS and hugs
Annie x

Susan said...

What a wonderful birthday gift! I sure wish I'd had a great-aunt like you!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, they are so lucky to have such a talented great aunt. They're going to have so many amazing keepsakes like this. What a fun frame.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

WOW! OMGSH, what a fabulous card!! Your practice of using their photos on their card reminds me that I need to start doing that with my own littles! Excellent!!!!!

Mac Mable said...

So unique and personal. What an amazing gift idea which I am sure she will treasure x

Loll said...

What a special keepsake for Madelyn to treasure, Julia. Love these stackable dies and you did amazing work with them. I'm sure Madelyn was thrilled with her card. xx

Pamellia said...

WOW Julia, this is absolutely fantastic!! What a fabulous use of the stackable die cuts, such an eye catching way to display photos! Love the addition of the balloons, so much fun! Brilliant project! That's quite a breathtaking view in the photo, would never want to leave!! lol

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty and great keepsake for Madelyn! All goodies are packed - the photos, the balloons, the stars, and the birthday message. She and her family will treasure this 3D card. You make me want to get the Stackable Frame die. :-) Hideko xx