Monday, March 5, 2018

Sending Well Wishes

I need cards for a friend who has several health issues.  She's had one surgery and needs another one in about 6 weeks.   I'm sending her a card each week for a while to cheer her up.  
Here's the latest one.
I wanted to use tulips for the challenge linked to below -  and after searching through drawers and drawers of stamps -  I found that this one from Vintage Picnic by PTI is the only one I have?!    I stamped the tulips on the white panel and colored them with Tombow Markers. I die cut and stamped the basket out of kraft card, sponged over it with Kraft ink and adhered it over the tulips with foam dots.   I used a new sentiment stamp from Direct Messages - also from PTI - stamping it in black over kraft card and die cutting it.   The back panel of my card is Distress Woodgrain card from Tim Holtz/Ranger

My card design was inspired by the Featured Stamper challenge over on Splitcoaststampers yesterday -  Brownwyn was the FS and you can see her card I CASED here.  I used different stamps and sentiment.

I'm also linking my card to :
I'm trying to think Spring - but we've got more snow predicted for this week here in MA!
Stamps:  Direct Messages, Vintage Picnic - Papertrey Ink 
Paper:  white, kraft - PTI, Distress Woodgrain Cards - Tim Holtz/Ranger 
Ink: Hero Arts Black, Classic Kraft - PTI
Accessories: Direct Messages Die, Vintage Picnic Die - PTI, foam dots, Tombow Markers

15 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is such a beautiful card - what a cheerful design !
You are a wodnerful artist and what a lovely friend to send her a card each week!
This can help so much - you inspire me to create something for a nice girlfriend of mine,as she got the final diagnosis of suffering Parkinson's disease - and is very down at the moment.
I wish all the best for you and your friend!
oxo Susi

Mac Mable said...

What a lovely idea to send a card a week to your friend, I am sure she will appreciate it x Your card is beautiful and love the tulip and basket stamp and pop of red against the white background x

Jan Clothier said...

That is a gorgeous basket of blooms - bright, cheerful and beautifully coloured. The clean white space and the pop of black in the sentiment really let them shine in the design. Lovely work! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is an oldie but a goodie! I totally forgot that I have this stamp set too, and it's PERFECT for our challenge! I am sure this will cheer up your friend! And these tulips will last forever! Thanks for playing with our Spring challenge this week!

Loll said...

Love your basket of flowers Julia, and your friend will too. So sweet to send her encouragement cards as she waits for a second surgery. It must be an awful struggle for her. Your card will bring her happiness ... exactly what she needs! xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a beautiful card! I, too, have very few get well sentiments - so I can feel your pain! Next time I go to the Stamp Show I'll look for stamps that have get well sentiment (without the cutesy stuff). Love the red against the brown basket.
Hugs!

Bonnie said...

This basket of tulips is a lovely way to say you're thinking of your friend, Julia! I'll bet she loves getting your cards every week! Hopefully this will be the last snow of the season for you and your tulips can flourish!

laurie said...

Cute basket filled with pretty tulips...such a great image to cheer up a friend! So pretty!

junemac2 said...

What a beautiful card and a fabulous stamp. Tulips says spring beautifully xxx

Redanne said...

The card for your friend is gorgeous, the tulips are so lovely. You are such a good friend Julia and I bet your friend will look forward to these arriving each week! Hugs, Anne xx

Susan said...

Beautiful tulips and a beautiful basket! A lovely card to cheer up your friend. I sure hope you don't get more snow!

Nance Leedy said...

What a thoughtful friend you are! Your friend will certainly appreciate this cheerful basket of tulips. Great use of white space and I love how the black sentiment pops. Fabulous coloring too....thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, I'm sure your friend will love the card and really appreciate it. I love the neutral tones with that beautiful basket.

ElizStewart said...

This might be vintage PTI... but it is stellar! Love your layout for this wonderful basket of spring blooms! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the beautiful basket of tulips!