Thursday, November 2, 2017

Silhouette Heart Felt Thanks

Today I'm playing along with the Mixed Media November challenge today
I made my background by rubbing Distress Wilted Violet Ink over my craft mat, spritzing with water then flapping a panel of watercolor paper into it.  When I was happy with the coverage, I dried it with my heat tool.  I repeated the same process with Distress Walnut Stain Ink.
Then I laid a stem stencil over the panel and sponged over it with Distress Walnut Stain Ink.  I stamped the sentiment in the top corner and layered the panel over a Rustic Cream card base with foam dots.
I'm also linking to Loll Thompson's blog where she is running a mini challenge for a few days using this background technique that she made a video on and calls Splash Watercolor.

Stamps:  Verve
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Ranger, Rustic Cream - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Wilted Violet and Walnut Stain.
Accessories:  stem stencil - Ali Express, non stick craft mat, sponge and applicator.

8 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful card !
Happy November!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julia! Love the inky background! Thanks for the inspiration!

Redanne said...

It is a wonderful technique Julia and you have used it beautifully!! xx

Loll said...

Love these colours together, Julia. Beautiful card! Thanks for linking up to the challenge on my blog! xx

Bonnie said...

What a great distress background, Julia! Love the silhouetted flowers!

Words and Pictures said...

Really beautiful - this is so fragile and somehow melancholy - and all the more lovely for that.
Alison x

Vicki Dutcher said...

This sounds fun -- something I need to try. The end result is very awesome~

Boozybear said...

Fantastic background, this is always my favorite part of creating making a background. Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Monthly- g