Saturday, June 3, 2017

Inspired by Tim

I made this tag for today's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers - Audrie asked us to check out Tim Holtz Inspiration Pinterest Board.   I made a tag inspired by this tag

I made mine in a summer theme rather than winter - but used many of the techniques Barbarayaya used - remnant rub resist, spraying with stains, layering an image over the tag.
  I started with a plain manila tag and added some Idea-ology Remnant rubs (Elements and Botanicals) -  Then I placed the tag inside a used pizza box (to contain the spraying!) and sprayed over it with Ranger Distress Stains in Broken China, Antique Linen, twisted Cintron and Salty Ocean - drying it with my heat tool, flicking it with water, adding more stain, till I was happy with the look.  I wiped the stain off the Remnant Rubs (they resist the stain) and then I dried it thoroughly with my heat tool.
I stamped a design stamp from Tim's Classics #3 set on the right side of the tag in Archival Jet Black Ink and sponged around the edges of the tag with Ranger Distress Ground Espresso Ink.  I stamped the dragonfly from Tim's Classics #1 set on a piece of rustic cream card using Archival Jet Black Ink. I cut out the dragonfly and colored it with Ranger Distress Markers - Broken China on the wings and Old Paper on the body.  I sponged the edges with  with Ground Espresso and layered it over the tag with foam dots.
I die cut the 'summer' from Handwritten Vacation dies out of  blue and green Kraft Core Core-dinations paper that I lightly sanded.  I put the die green word inside the negative blue die cut and layered it over the tag with foam dots.
To finish off my tag -  I added green Glitter Gems from Michaels, looped a piece of Linen Ribbon through the tag hole and pined on a Philosophy tag that I colored over with a weathered wood Distress Crayon.
I'm also linking my tag to:
(my Summer is an embedded die cut)
#36  Put a Stamp on It


Stamps:  Classics #1 and Classics #3 - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  #8 Manila Tag - Ranger, True Black and Rustic Cream - PTI, Kraft Core Core'dinations.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Ground Espresso
Accessories:  Idea-ology Remnant Rubs Elements and Botanical, Linen Ribbon, Philopsphy Tag, Loop Pin,  Ranger Distress Spray Stains Broken China, Antique Linen, Twisted Cintron, Salty Ocean,  Ranger Distress Markers Broken China and Old Paper, Ranger Distress Crayon Weathered wood, Foam dots, Handwritten Vacation Thinlits Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Glitter gems - Michaels.

11 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely colours and design Julia xxx

Bonnie said...

A wonderful selection of mixed media, Julia! I love the nature theme!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love all your wonderful details!

A Pink said...

Fabulous! Julia . Love the colour palette and overall design .
x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, do I ever love this tag!!! It has such a wonderful collage-y feel and that dragonfly is beautiful. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

This is beautiful Julia! Love all the texture and layers you created. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

SewPaperPaint said...

SUCH an awesome tag! I miss seeing dragonfly stamp. I am inspired to break mine out. Hugs, Autumn

Loll said...

Gorgeous tag, Julia. I love all the wonderful elements you've layered. Great colours too. xx

gibonik said...

I absolutely love it! The colors are just gorgeous!:)

Lynne Forsythe said...

Julia....what a WONDERFUL TAG! THANK YOU for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Great choice of a challenge....Put a Stamp on it!!

Linsey R said...

How gorgeous is this tag!!! Wow!!! I'm totally in love with it, Julia!!! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog this month!! This beauty definitely inspires!!!