Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day Coloring Book

I have a quick and simple St. Patrick's Day Coloring book to share that I made for the grands.  They are 2,4 5 and 6 years old and they LOVE to get mail so I send them cards for every holiday.
First I made 4 covers out of green card measuring 5 1/2" x  8 1/2".  I folded them in half and then scored a line 1/2" in from the fold on the front so the cover will fold back easily when the kids open it to color the pages. (they need it to be opened flat right?!)
I printed some free digi images for the coloring pages.  The digi images are from Claire Brennan and you'll find them here.  She has individual digi images as well as colored papers.  She also has a PDF file that has the 4 images  that print on one 8 1/2" x 11" paper.  I printed this file onto regular computer paper. Then I just cut the pages into 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" sections and used one of each of the 4 images in each book.
I placed the image sheets into the folded cover and stapled the edge.
I decorated the cover with some St Patrick's Day stamps from My Sentiments Exactly.  I added a sparkly foam shamrock and printed their names using my Brother Label maker.
Here are two of the 4  digi images - so fun for them to color, right?!!
I'll pop these into the mail soon to be sure they arrive before St. Patrick's Day!
I'm linking my books to:

Stamps:  Free Digi Images from Claire Brennan,  Irish Blessings - My Sentiments
Paper:  New Leaf  - PTI,  white computer paper
Ink:  WV Archival Fern Green
Accessories:  foam shamrock - Michaels, stapler, ScorPal, Brother Label Maker.

13 comments:

Loll said...

These are so fun!! Your grands are going to love them! xx

nancy littrell said...

What fun St Pat's Day cards for your grandkids, Julia. It will be interesting to see the difference in coloring age related skills :-) TFS my friend.

Redanne said...

The grands must LOVE getting mail from you Julia, you always do such wonderful things for them! Those images are such fun!! Hugs, Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Tee hee - what fun cards! And nice to let someone else do some of the work...
Alison x

Susan said...

Great idea to add extra pages with images for the kids to colour - a good way to get extra use from your stamps too!

sarascloset said...

Oh,now you've made me wish for grandchildren! What fun cards! 'Lucky' grandkids to have a grandmother who is so much fun! Hugs!

Bonnie said...

This is such a fun idea for the grands, Julia! How fun for them to get these in the mail!

Jo said...

What a brilliant idea! Love that you personalized each one too.
Those grandkids must be SMOOSHED with love ;-)
Happy St Patty's Day, xxx

Vickie Z said...

Too fun!! Saw Claire's post about these freebies and loved them!!,the littles will love!

reeree62 said...

Precious!!!

Kim Heggins said...

You are so clever! So much fun.

Helen Liu said...

Your hand-made coloring books are adorable and inspirational. I’m sure these are priceless presents for your grandkids. Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge. Helen, HLSMM DT
http://stampfairy-helen.blogspot.tw/

Seemaa said...

your idea for the colouring book is awesome, its a card and a gift and will make any child happy!!!
Thankyou for playing with us at happy little stamper mixed media challenge, All the best!!