Saturday, September 10, 2016

Jurassic World Birthday

So Grandnephew Landon turned 6 on Sept 7th and today we are celebrating his birthday at Celebration Kingdom.  Landon LOVES dinosaurs and so I made the theme of his personalized b'day card Jurassic World!

I googled Jurassic World and found these photos from the movie

Then I looked through recent photos of Landon his mum, Katie, has sent me on my iPhone and thought these might work for my card.
At a nature park looking through binoculars with sister, Mila, standing next to him.
and at a playground
I embossed a piece of black card using Eileen Hull's Honeycomb embossing folder as it mimicked the cage on the dinosaur photo. I cut out Landon from the photos and popped swinging Landon up on foam dots right in front of the dino's jaws!
(he'll get a kick out of that I think!)
I added a die cut 6 (his age!) and some Idea-ology Small Talk stickers.
I placed the other Landon looking at the scene, popping this one up on thick foam dots so it stands out a little more than the swinging Landon.  I also added the Jurassic World sign above him on foam dots.
You can see how the pieces are popped up on this photo.
And, as usual - I've added a die cut Small Easel so the card stands up for display.  (this card is 8 1/2" x 4 3/4" and the easel is a little taller so I had to trim off a bit at the top but it worked out fine.
I always breathe a sigh of relief when I've finally created the kids personalized cards -  deciding on a theme and then finding good photos is so stressful!   But I'm always happy with them when I'm done and I really do LOVE making them their own special cards on their birthdays! 
I'm linking my birthday card to the following:
The Toppings is frames - My photo is framed in the black panel

ETA:  adding a few photos from Landon's fun party!
As can be seen from the photos - everyone had a GREAT time!

Paper:  Kraft, True Black, Green Parakeet - PTI, photo paper.
Accessories: By the Numbers dies - PTI,  small easel die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, honeycomb embossing folder - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, foam dots, thick foam dots, Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers.

4 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH, Julia, this card is over the top amazing! WOW! I know that he will LOVE it!
Hugs,

Mona Pendleton said...

Hope you all had fun! Happy Birthday to the sweet birthday boy! Such a cute and heartfelt project Julia! Love it!

Michelle said...

What an awesome card! I bet it was Landon's very favourite! You make me think I should put a little more effort into cards for my kids... ;-)

Jodene said...

Wow! This is awesome! What little boy wouldn't love a personalised card like this? I bet Landon loved it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The BIrthday :)